Marlin Dark 1895 45-70 Govt
Posted by Ranger Point Team on Sep 21st 2021
RPP Custom Marlin 1895 45-70 Govt (JM)
- Barrel cut to 16.50” and threaded with a Comet Brake installed
- All Metal Salt Bath Black Nitride coated for durable finish and slick bore
- Ranger Point Polymer Butt Stock "Black on Black Topo" Cerakote
- Ranger Point M-LOK Forearm "Black on Black Topo" Cerakote
- Ranger Point M-LOK Six Cartridge Quiver 45-70 Govt (ammo not included)
- Ranger Point stainless steel quick detach lever screw and butt stock takedown screw
- Ranger Point Performance trigger and loading gate
- Ranger Point Medium loop lever
- Ranger Point Rhino scope mount rail and hammer extension
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the effective range of a Marlin 45-70?
If you're using it for hunting, then you'll likely want to stay within 150 yards or so in order to ensure a clean kill. But if you're just shooting targets at the range, then you could easily extend that out to 300 yards or more. A lot of it ultimately comes down to the purpose of shooting.
How many rounds does a Marlin 1895 45-70 hold?
Lever action rifles typically have tubular magazines which can hold anywhere from 4-10 rounds depending on the gun. The Marlin 1895 45-70 comes with an 18” long barrel and mag tube which can hold 4-rounds.
Who makes a 45-70 lever-action rifle?
There are several companies that manufacture 45-70 lever-action rifles, including Marlin, Henry, and Winchester, to name a few.