Ranger Point Precision Marlin / Glenfield 336, 336A, 30AS, 30-30AW, 30-30 Win and 35 Rem parts designs are inspired from our years of building custom lever-action rifles. We learned exactly where our cherished Marlin / Glenfield lever-action rifles could be fully optimized for better performance and comfort. Our aftermarket parts work with the newest MR serial # rifles as well as are backwards compatible to work with rifles built as early as 1950.
Our Marlin / Glenfield parts cover all of the most important functions of a lever gun: medium loop levers for room and comfort; innovative extractors, trigger kits and loading gates for reliable, smoother actions; peep sights, fiber optic front sights and scope mounts for fast and clear target acquisition; all weather polymer stocks and cartridge quivers; self cleaning magazine followers and creative designed end caps; and more.
Marlin marketed the following lever action center-fire rifles under the Glenfield name:
Model 36G, from 1964-65
Model 30, from 1966-1972
Model 30A, from 1973-1983
Model 30GT, from 1979-1980
Model 30AS, in 1983
Model 336A (not the receiver rails, needs a tenon handguard b/c no barrel band)
MODEL 336 COWBOY
- .30-30 Win. (disc. 2001) or .38-55 WCF cal., 8 shot tube mag., squared off finger lever, 24 in. tapered octagon barrel with deep cut Ballard-type rifling (6 grooves), cut checkered (disc. 2001) straight grip walnut stock and forearm, adj. Marbles semi-buckhorn rear and carbine front sight, ser. no. is on the left side of the receiver, instead of on tang, 7 1/2 lbs. Mfg. 1999-2004.
MODEL 336 MAGNUM CARBINE
- .44 Mag. cal., 20 in. standard carbine configuration, w/o saddle ring. 2,823 mfg. 1963-64 only.
MODEL 336 MARAUDER
- .30-30 Win. or .35 Rem. cal., 16 1/4 in. barrel. 5,856 mfg. 1963-64.
MODEL 336 OCTAGON RIFLE
- .30-30 Win. cal. only, with 22 in. octagon barrel, standard model. 2,414 mfg. 1973 only.
MODEL 336 PRESENTATION RIFLE
- .30-30 Win. cal., one of the pair in the "Brace of 1,000," 22 in. octagon barrel, engraved receiver, sold with Model 39 Presentation. Mfg. 1970 only.
MODEL 336 ZANE GREY CENTURY CARBINE
- .30-30 Win. cal., similar to 336 Octagon, 22 in. octagon barrel, Zane Grey medallion inlaid in the receiver, select walnut stock, pistol grip, brass buttplate, and forearm cap. 7,871 mfg. in 1971.
- improved 36A, .30-30 Win., .35 Rem., or .32 Spl. cal., round breech bolt, 24 in. barrel with 2/3 mag. Mfg. 1948-1962, re-introduced 1973-1980.
MODEL 336A/336AS (30AS)
- .30-30 Win. cal. only, 20 in. barrel, 6 shot tube mag, walnut finished birch stock (pressed checkering became standard 1995, cut checkering became standard 1998), open sights (adj. rear sight became standard 1995), no-frills version of the 336CS, 7 lbs. Mfg. 1983-2007.
Model 336ADL (DELUXE)
- similar to Model 336A Rifle, except has a deluxe checkered walnut stock and forearm, quick detachable swivels, and 1 in. sling. Mfg. 1948-62.
MODEL 336C (CARBINE)
- .30-30 Win., .32 Spl., or .35 Rem. cal., standard model carbine with 20 in. barrel. Mfg. 1969-83.
MODEL 336CS (CARBINE SAFETY)
- .30-30 Win. or .35 Rem. cal., 6 shot tube mag., 20 in. barrel, 336CS same as 336C but with cross-bolt safety. American black walnut pistol grip stock (cut checkering became standard 1994), 7 lbs. Introduced 1984.
Model 336CC (STEALTH)
- similar to Model 336W, hardwood Mossy Oak Breakup camo stock and forearm, .30-30 cal., 7 lbs. Mfg. 2001-2004.
Mfg. 2000 (1000 made) 35 Rem. Serial Nos 336DXXX Not cataloged, Special Run for Davidsons, Lettered from Marlin, checkered, 18.5" ported round barrel
MODEL 336DT (DELUXE TEXAN)
- .30-30 Win. or .35 Rem. cal., select stock version of 336T, longhorn, and map of Texas carved on the buttstock. Mfg. 1962-63.
MODEL 336ER (EXTRA RANGE)
- .356 Win. cal., 5 shot tube mag., 20 in. barrel, walnut pistol grip stock, open sights, 7 lbs. 2,441 mfg. 1983-86.
- .30-30 Win. cal. only, 16 1/4 in. barrel, 5 shot tube mag., 6 1/2 lbs. 2,671 mfg. 1988-89 only.
This was the 1st year 336 stainless model, soon changed to 336SS.
The "M" designated for Millenium (2000)
MODEL 336RC (REGULAR CARBINE)
- .30-30 Win., .32 Spl., or .35 Rem. cal., standard model carbine. 20" barrel, full-length mag. tube. Mfg. 1948-68.
MODEL 336SC .219 ZIPPER
- similar to Model 336SC, in .219 Zipper cal., 5 shot mag. 3,230 mfg. 1955-60.
MODEL 336SC (SPORTING CARBINE)
- similar to Model 336C, with 20 in. barrel and 2/3 length mag. tube, raised comb buttstock (1957-63). Mfg. 1948-63.
MODEL 336SD (SPORTING DELUXE)
- .30-30 Win., .32 Spl., or .35 Rem. cal., deluxe sporting carbine with 20 in. barrel, checkered stock, and forearm, raised comb, no cheekpiece, quick detachable swivels, and 1 in. sling. Mfg. 1954-62.
MODEL 336SS (336M= 1st year)
- .30-30 Win. cal. only, similar to Model 336W/30AW, except is stainless steel, 6 shot tube mag., 7 lbs. New 2000.
MODEL 336T (.44MAG)
- .44 Mag. cal., with saddle ring, 13,895 mfg. 1965-67.
MODEL 336T (TEXAN)
- .30-30 Win., .35 Rem., or .44 Mag. (1965-1967 only) cal., similar to 336C, with straight stock,
Some models have an 18 1/2 barrel (1980 - 1983) or 20 in. barrel, saddle ring (1965-1971 only). Mfg. 1954-83.
MODEL 336TS (TEXAN SAFETY)
- similar to 336 CS, except is .30-30 Win. cal., 18 1/2 in. barrel, straight grip stock and squared finger lever, Same as 336T but with cross-bolt safety. Mfg. 1984-87.
Model 336W (30AW)
- similar to Model 30AS, except has a carbine-style barrel band, hardwood stock, and gold trigger.
- .30-30 Win. or .35 Rem. cal. features stainless steel construction with 24 in. barrel, Ballard rifling, fluted bolt, 5 shot mag., black/grey laminate stock with deluxe recoil pad, adj. folding semi-buckhorn rear sight, hammer block safety, 7 1/2 lbs. New 2006.
Model 336Y (SPIKEHORN)
- Youth model, similar to Model 336C, but has a shorter walnut stock (12 1/2 in. LOP) with vent recoil pad, 5 shot tube mag, 16 1/2 in. barrel, 6 1/2 lbs. Mfg. 2003
This is the best list I have. There are probably a lot more non-cataloged models out there.