Our RPP-designed "medium" large loop levers for Marlin Firearms lever-action rifles are a drop-in part that should take minutes to install.
Meticulously CNC machined in-house:
- 4140 steel alloy and black nitride coated for a smooth, scratch-proof finish
- Hand sanded and tumbled to remove all burrs and sharp edges
- Levers look great on blued or stainless steel rifles
- Work on Marlin lever-actions built 1950 or newer
PLEASE NOTE: These replacement levers do not come with a plunger, cross-pin or spring. You'll be able to re-use the parts from your factory lever as part of the installation process (instructions included in the package).
What makes our Marlin "medium loop" levers better?
1) Current "big loop" lever offerings incorporate a loop that is very tall and circular, but the aggressive upper curve still makes gloved fingers bunch together. We made more space fore and aft by flattening and extending the upper curve, allowing the fingers to rest naturally along the pistol grip.
2) The "big loop" levers also have two effects that we don't care for: a) it creates an odd lag time when opening the action, while the hand leaves the grip and the fingers travel downward before smacking abruptly into the lower rung of the loop (with bare hands this can get uncomfortable quickly); and b) the loop adds significantly to the height dimension of the rifle and becomes the lowest point. Finish scratches are inevitable, and handiness is sacrificed for style.
3) Additional space in the trigger guard area, where it is vital. Gloved fingers are a pretty tight fit in factory trigger guards. That should make anyone nervous when the hammer is back. We also decreased the dimension separating loop and guard, allowing the fingers to sit naturally, close together.
4) Aesthetically, we designed our lever to blend more naturally with the lines of the stock, complementing the attractive curve of the pistol grip and aligning perfectly with the straight stocks.