Ranger Point profiled dovetail fillers are specially machined to "flush mount" on sporter and big bore barrels. They match the exact contour of your barrel's diameter.
ALL Henry / Marlin / Rossi 92 & Citadel Levtac 92 / Winchester 94 Rifle sporter barrel .850" diameter
Marlin bigger bore barrels (444 Marlin, 45/70 Gov't) .900"diameter
These already profiled dovetail blanks are hand fit in minutes and save you the 1-2 hours of filing necessary to fit
- Machined out of round bar steel (salt bath black nitride coated) or stainless steel (matches the diameter of your sporter .850" or big bore .900" barrel)
- Flush mounts to match the round barrel diameter unlike other "unsightly bulge" of other blanks
- Loose fit so as to match the ".850" or .900" profile" of the barrel (no tapping into place, use red loctite to hold it in place)
- Available in two sizes: sporter barrel .850" diameter and the larger .900” diameter for big bore barrels aka 45-70 Gov't (fits most rifle barrels such as Marlin, Henry, Rossi, Winchester, Savage, Mossberg, etc).
.850" height (at tallest point of barrel diameter) x .5025" width x .3665" length
.900" height (at tallest point of barrel diameter)
* Please note: these parts are extremely time consuming to make thus why they cost more than the "unsightly bulge" options on the market. They have delicate edges so they are a "loose" fit and are only kept in place with red loctite. No unsightly bulge and save you the time usually spent sanding, filing and fitting with other options.
Test fit the dovetail filler in the barrel cut. In most cases, it will slide in easily, or with gentle tapping. Do not attempt to drift in the blank with a punch, as this will damage the thin side edges. If the filler does not fit, use a file or sandpaper to remove material from the fore/aft sharp edges (not bevels). If removing a few thousands of an inch doesn't get a fit, the bottom of the filler may need to be lapped on fine sandpaper to loosen the overall fit. Cold blue may be used for touching up bare metal. Once a slip fit is achieved, degrease the filler and the dovetail cut, then apply Red Loctite (or similar) generously to help fill voids and prevent rust. Wipe away excess and let set. Apply gun oil after adhesive sets. When the factory rear sight is removed it leaves an unsightly dovetail cut in the barrel. Our profiled blanks fill this dovetail to closely match the diameter of the barrel, rather than having an equally unsightly raised hunk of metal.