Our peep sights are currently available for Marlin and Henry lever guns. Please note that both companies have only two receiver sizes that are drilled and tapped in the same place for a sight or rail: Pistol Caliber or Rifle Caliber. This means every model / trim level use the same sight and all you need to know is your caliber to choose the right one (e.g. Henry X or Henry Big Boy or Henry All Weather or Marlin 1894 all use the same sight or rail).
In the Package: All peep sights come with one sight base w/windage screw, one aperture spring w/ elevation screw, two mounting screws, one Allen wrench.
Note: Cloverleaf Ghost apertures have the four scope-like points + fiber optics and are open .165" and do not work with our screw in peep apertures. "Clover leaf groups" precision put our RPP CloverLeaf Receiver Peep Sights in a class by themselves. Bright fiber optics (left/right of the Cloverleaf aperture) paired with an RPP front fiber optic sight, creates a super fast three-dot sighting system similar to a pistol.
Note: Traditional open/round threaded peep sight aperture spring open has an opening is .165" and comes with one .095" aperture screwed into the threaded hole, additional screw-in .060" AND .125" apertures available on website.
Note: Buckhorn rear sight needs to be flipped down or tapped out to the left to be removed. Rear sight barrel dovetail blank add-on available.
Works great with our Fiber Optic Front Sights for a super fast 3 dot system like a pistol (Super Bright and Robust!)
CLOVERLEAF RECEIVER PEEP SIGHTS KEY FEATURES:
- Available for:
Two Peep Sight Base Sizes: length of receiver + drilled / tapped to match
- LARGE: Marlin / Henry Rifle Calibers: in calibers 30-30, 35 Rem, 308, 338, 38-55, 410, 444, 45/70 govt, 450M
- SMALL: Marlin / Henry Pistol Calibers: in calibers 357 mag / 38 special, 44 mag, 45 colt
Does not fit Henry Long Ranger or Henry 22 rifle receivers
- Works with your factory front sight (Marlin rifles with octagon barrels will need a shorter front sight (.300" or .350")
- Sleek, low profile, snag-free winged base secures the aperture spring against damage and zero loss while presenting an elegant, dare we say sexy?, profile.
- Low aperture sight height elevations (from .26" in the center of the sight up to .36")
- Clearly marked, scope-like windage and elevation marks make for quick and precise adjustment
- CloverLeaf Ghost aperture option provides an exceptionally large (.165", bright target picture while still allowing for scope-like, precise shot placement with bright fiber optics on either side
- One piece aperture spring assembly offers robust, repeatable adjustment, and interchangeability between all bases/rails. Aperture spring assembly options include:
- CloverLeaf Ghost with fiber optics (green or red) aperture spring assembly
- Traditional open / round threaded aperture peep / spring assembly with one .095" screw-in aperture (additional aperture sizes available: .060" and .125")
- Matte blasted top sighting channel greatly reduces reflective light interference.
- Anodized 7075 billet (black or clear) or lacquered brass bar stock bases look great for a lifetime.
WINDAGE: Side-to-side .09" (using set screw)
SIGHT HEIGHT (from receiver base to center of peep): .26" - .36" works with factory front sights (using set screw)
CLOVERLEAF SPRING: .165" ghost opening and 2.3" length tail (rides along the bottom of the base/rail)
SMALL BASES Pistol Calibers: 3.31" length
LARGE BASES Big Bores: 3.66" length
What makes these peep sights different? The peep sight has been mired in compromise and this sight looks to stop that.
- Traditional receiver mounted rear peep sights are too tall, forcing you to go on a hunt for a suitable front sight when you'd rather be hunting.
- Delicate aperture stems are exposed to rough handling, come loose / unscrewed during use, and are prone to snagging.
- Elevation and windage adjustments use fiddly double set screws that often vibrate loose.
- Blued steel bases rust and lose their luster.
- And what aperture to choose? A .095" is precise, but worthless in low light hunting conditions. A Ghost ring is fast and bright, but not very useful for precision long shots.
SOME SUGGESTED FRONT SIGHT HEIGHTS
- .300" on a Sight Ramp: Marlin 357 Mag
- .350" on a Sight Ramp: Marlin 60, 70, 75, 880/881, 882/883, 995, 336 30-30/35 Rem, 308/338, 44Mag/45 Colt, 444, 1895 45-70, 450M)
- .500" Direct to barrel: Marlin 1895 45-70 Octagon barrels, 1894C/CL 218 bee, 32-30, 25-20
- .565" Direct to Barrel: All Henry rifles use VERY high front sights