No More Springfield XD® .45 ACP Tactical Feed Jams!
Unlike most of the Springfield XD® handguns, which are reliable to a fault, the Springfield XD® .45 ACP Tactical has real issues digesting hollow point ammunition. We consistently saw one or more feed jams per magazine, with the bullet jammed into the base of the feed ramp.
This recoil assembly uses modern, Glock-style flat coil springs to change the rate of the slide, without introducing harsher recoil. The flat spring slightly increases pre-load at rest, while falling below the factory spring rate at full compression, allowing more rear dwell time for the slide. Since installing this system, our test gun has had zero jams in hundreds of rounds.
* Improves reliability of Springfield XD® .45 ACP Tactical 5" pistols
* Compatible with Glock-style ISMI flat coil springs
* Captive system for easy field strip/reassembly of pistol
* Disassemble-able for spring rate changes
* Complete, drop-in system requires no modification to pistol
* Machined from solid steel for weight and long service life
* Baked on moly coating for enhanced dry lubricity
* Comes with appropriate spring for standard and +P factory loads
A few years ago I purchased a 460 Rowland barrel for my Springfield XD Tactical. What ab awesome and powerful cartridge!. However, I and some others were having a problem with "Nose Dive jams" where the ejected cartridge would slam into the top cartridge in the magazine pushing the nose downward and causing a jam. Doubling up the magazine spring helped but did not cure the problem. I recently purchased the Ranger Point Springfield recoil spring and after installing the unit in my pistol I fired off over 50 rounds without a single jam.. Before this I could not get through a single 13 round magazine without a jam. Good product!